Resources and Information about gathering veteran
• Make an audiotape recording
of an interview.
• Write the story or stories.
• Record a videotape of the interviews.
• Gather personal artifacts from the war years and
tell stories about them.
Contact Sen. Lugar’s Indiana offices for
interview assistance and to participate in the
Veterans’ History Project.
• Create a scrapbook, DVD or journal that includes
these stories, scanned letters, photos, etc.
• Consider loaning or donating 2-dimensional WWII
artifacts to the Indiana
3-dimensional items to the Indiana
• Tips for dealing with an emotional
interview here... (11KB
Visit the Library
of Congress Veteran’s
History Project site and comply with the requirements
submission of your story and artifacts into the
Write or record and post WWII-era stories online
using the "The
|Corporate funding for
The War is provided by General Motors and Anheuser-Busch.
Major funding is provided by the Lilly Endowment
Inc., Public Broadcasting Service, National Endowment
for the Humanities, the Corporation for Public
Broadcasting, The Arthur Vining Davis Foundations,
The Pew Charitable Trusts, The Longaberger Foundation,
and Park Foundation, Inc.