The online courses are six weeks in length. ALL ONLINE COURSES take an estimated 4-5 hours weekly (not usually in one time block) to complete all assignments over a six-week period.
Registrants are expected to complete all assignments in the online course to receive a certificate of completion or graduate credit.
Knowledge and Materials Required
· Browse the Internet & navigate a website
· Use a word-processing program to compose your writing
· Work from an active e-mail address
· Check to make sure your computer meets TeacherLine requirements here
Participants in TeacherLine courses can earn Professional Growth Points (PGPs) and/or graduate credit.
If you are eligible for credit, check your course syllabus to see how many actual hours your PBS TeacherLine course will require of you. Then, use that number to determine how many graduate credits and/or PGP points you can earn:
· 15-hour PBS TeacherLine course - 1 credit hour = 15 PGP points
· 30-hour PBS TeacherLine course - 2 credit hours = 30 PGP points
· 45-hour PBS TeacherLine course - 3 credit hours = 45 PGP points
After educators earn a master's degree or complete 36 semester hours of approved academic credit they may renew their licenses with Professional Growth Points (PGPs).
TeacherLine courses are pre-approved by the IN DOE for either license renewal or graduate credit. Our identifying number is #9946. After you complete a course you can download a certificate proving that you have taken and passed the course(s).
*There are 15 CRUS (Certification Renewal Units) for very college level course credit. Therefore, a 3 hour course is equal to 45 CRUs.)